We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.87/hour
- Posted Date:10/27/2017 4:53 PM
We want you to join our HR team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Human Resources Administrative Assistant!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources department and providing an excellent customer service experience to internal and external customers.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, free life Insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Hourly Rate: $15.87
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Must have at least 4 years’ of administrative experience including, but not limited to data entry, record keeping, customer service and handling heavy volume of incoming calls
- Must have at least 2 years’ full-time work experience in Human Resources working with an HRIS system
- Must have ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours, if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department including, but not limited to data entry, record keeping, order supplies, process incoming mail, send out mail, etc.
- Answer phone for Human Resources and direct callers to appropriate contacts and answers HR general questions
- Perform HRIS data entry including, but not limited to employee information, payroll changes, trainings, evaluations, benefits, etc.
- Maintain all personnel files
- Scan and file forms as needed
- Enter invoices for the department
- Process completed exit surveys
- Submit and process all employee changes such as address, name, or beneficiaries to appropriate contacts
- Complete requested employment verifications
- Handle logistics related to meetings, training sessions, and employee events
- Assist employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with HR projects
- Assist the Human Resources Generalist with New Hire Orientations and benefits administration
- Process payroll changes using a computerized system
- Engage and provide information to job applicants, employees, department heads, and public and private agencies
- Creates badges for new hires and volunteers
- Complete and submit monthly credit card statement
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County