We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Bilingual Spanish Required)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.43-14.87/hour
- Posted Date:04/10/2018 10:50 AM
Do you want to be the reason someone smiles today? Would you LOVE to assist our dentists in making someone’s smile perfect? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Dental Assistant/Receptionist!
The right candidate will be responsible for working with dentists using specialized equipment and materials to properly treat patients and provide a variety of comprehensive services in the Coastal Health & Wellness ambulatory dental clinics.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Hourly Rate: $14.43-14.87
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Completion of a dental assisting program
- 6 months+ of clinical patient treatment experience
- 1+ years of employment experience as a dental assistant, preferred
- Bilingual Spanish REQUIRED
- Experienced in digital radiography techniques
- Current RDA licensure from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- CPR (must be obtained within 6 months)
- Must have a working knowledge of dental terminology, tooth numbering systems, proper infection control techniques, sterilization techniques,radiology techniques, instrumentation, chairside assisting, oral evacuation systems and dental materials
- Computer skills to include, Next Gen QSI software/Electronic dental records/ Microsoft Office, preferred
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Exposes and adjusts contrast on periapical and panoramic x-rays as requested by the provider
- Assists provider for all dental procedures
- Prepares and disinfects treatment rooms
- Prepares patients dental procedures
- Sterilizes and maintains dental instruments and equipment per manufacturers recommended schedule and Dental Department and Infection Control guidelines
- Sterilizes and maintains dental instruments and equipment
- Pour and trim dental casts
- Monitors and restock supplies
- Takes and records vital signs
- Documents charting, medical history and pre denture assessments into EDR under the supervision of the dentist
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Unpacks and monitors supplies
- Sends and receives lab cases
- Prepares and sterilizes dental instruments per manufacturers recommended schedule and Dental Department and Infection Control guidelines
- Properly lubricates and sterilizes dental hand pieces
- Carries out daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance duties on dental equipment
- Prepares and sterilizes dental instruments
- Properly lubricates and sterilizes dental hand pieces
- Fills out malfunction reports for equipment repair and supplies form to supervisor
- Carries out monthly maintenance duties on dental equipment
- Conducts weekly spore tests
- Completes daily, and weekly logs
- Prints providers schedule
- Prints patient labels
- Documents patient transfers and LWOBS (Left without being seen)
- Prepares and sends daily dental clinic reports
- Answers phones and directs patient calls
- Communicates with supervisor and unit receptionist regarding referrals, appointments, and special scheduling circumstances
- Notifies supervisor of patient concerns or complaints
- Completes annual training for all Dental Department sterilization equipment to include maintenance, work flow, and observation/assessment)
- Understands and follows GCHD/CHW Infection Control policies, plans, procedures and guidelines related to program area requirements.
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County