We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on Experience
- Posted Date:10/26/2017
Do you LOVE working with numbers? Do you want to be part of an organization that is helping your community? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Staff Accountant!
The right candidate will be responsible for performing technical/accounting duties related to GCHD financial monitoring and reporting.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, free life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Salary Rate: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles along with capability to perform analytical functions and prepare financial and statistical reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience working for a FQHC, governmental organization, or other medical related role is helpful, but not required
- Prefer experience with accounting software systems such as Accufund, but not required
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Valid Texas Driver License, Class C with satisfactory driving record
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must be available for some weekend and evening hours
- Must be in compliance with GCHD immunizations policy
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all bank accounts on a monthly basis, including operational, payroll, and Money Market accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure adequate balances and corresponds with bank representatives for account transfers and as necessary to resolve issues that may occur regarding cash transactions
- Work with program areas to ensure cash transactions are handled appropriately and according to GCHD guidelines; provides cashier training and updates training material as needed
- Prepare and post supporting journal entries into the Accounting software system, ensuring that revenue, expenses, adjustments and payments are balanced and reflected accurately in the general ledger
- Assists in the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and preparation of supporting schedules and financial reports
- Responsible for monthly permit billing and reconciliation
- Maintain fixed asset inventory, ensuring that additions, disposals, and transfers are properly recorded in the general ledger as needed
- Communicates with fixed assets custodians, reviews quarterly reports, performs annual inventory of assets and provides reports of assets as needed
- Follow federal and state guidelines for assets funded by grants, including annual reporting, and corresponds with grant agencies for approval of transfer or disposal of assets as needed
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of Health District insurance plans to the general ledger, ensuring that employee deductions are correct and that payments are made to benefit providers; corresponds with benefit representatives as needed to resolve issues
- Review payroll tax postings through payroll per pay period and prepares quarterly payroll tax reports (941 and SUTA) in a timely manner and is responsible for reconciliation to the general ledger
- Act as backup support to Accounts Payable and Payroll and other Accounting functions when necessary
- Assist with the annual year-end audit
- Provide assistance to the Controller on special projects as requested
- Attends Department/Health District-wide meetings as required
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County