We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin. All applicants must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.85-14.27/hour
- Posted Date:10/25/2017
Do you LOVE animals and want to help them in Galveston County? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Shelter Coordinator!
The right candidate will be responsible assisting the manager, organizing workloads, allocating personnel, and coordinating activities.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Hourly: $13.85-14.27
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in animal control or working with animals
- Knowledge of animal behavior and animal handling
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience (preferred)
- Euthanasia Certification within six months of service (Current is preferred)
- Skill in assessing the health of animals; handling small/large and aggressive animals; using various animal care and control equipment including catch poles, leashes, muzzles, traps etc.
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills - Including but not limited to MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work every weekend (mandatory) and evening hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screening
- Directs the movement of animals through the shelter with the guidance of the Animal Services Manager or designee
- Assists with planning and executing adoption events and assists with veterinary appointment management
- Assures that all animal information is entered into the shelter management software
- Ensures a clean and safe environment for the animals and citizens which includes the feeding, handling and provision of custodial care
- Performs euthanasia according to policy and procedure
- Documents drug usage according to policy and procedure
- Implanting microchips properly and safely to both ARC animals and owned animals from citizens
- Monitors shelter supply inventory and notifies assistant manager of shortages
- Ensures citizen safety
- Cross-trains with administrative staff
- Maintains necessary training level established for the ARC Shelter Coordinator
- Documents training events
- Writes accurate reports and disseminates data as it pertains to various situations
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please