We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Grant & Billing Coordinator
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on Experience
- Posted Date:10/19/2017
Do you LOVE working with numbers? Do you want to be part of an organization that is helping your community? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Grant & Billing Coordinator!
The right candidate will be responsible for preparing Health District billings related to local, federal, state grants, and contracts; assisting in the preparation of grant budgets; reviewing program costs for accuracy and completeness; and preparing program reports for submittal to appropriate agencies and program managers.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, medical insurance, rich paid time off plans, free life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Hourly Rate: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Knowledge of accounting principles and experience with creating journal entries
- Experience with Grant billings and/or government is preferred
- Experience with Contract management is preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Collect all information needed to calculate and prepare invoices
- Keep backup documentation to support grant expenditures
- Enter invoices in the accounting system and monitor for payment
- Perform monthly revenue and cost reconciliations to ensure costs are coded correctly and within budgetary limits
- Review state and federal grant expenditures for compliance
- Make appropriate journal entries as needed
- Adhere to monthly closing deadlines as designated
- Assist agency and/or external auditors withgrant/program reviews as scheduled
- Provide a monthly status report to each program manager comparing expenditures to budget
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.)according to cash guidelines
- Review accounts receivable aging and follow-up on past due accounts
- Answer customer inquiries regarding charges billed
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please