We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Environmental Health Services Clerk
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $12.43
- Posted Date:09/27/2017
Do you want to be part of an organization that is helping your community? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Clerk for our Environmental Health Services Department!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing clerical support to the Consumer Health and Air & Water Pollution Control Services.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $12.43
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in a general office setting
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Notary helpful
- Ability to use office machines and equipment such as multi-line telephones, fax machines, voicemail, personal computers, printers, and copiers
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office (especially data bases and Excel)
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Prepare court complaints, letters and reports for program staff and notarize if necessary
- Assign new septic permits to appropriate staff
- Check for any existing plans, building permits and affidavits and attach
- Assign permit numbers and make copies of approved septic permits and fax copies to building department
- Prepare notices of violations of applicable state, county, and health district regulations and mail to appropriate persons
- File inspection reports, maintenance contracts, correspondence, etc. for inspectors
- Receive and receipt funds for permits, rat bait, lab samples, etc.
- Research Internet sites (CAD, white/yellow pages, people finders) to locate property owners and correct mailing addresses
- Data Entry in DECADE system including: issuing permits, Daily Activity Reports, new establishments, closing establishments, payment information, mailing address changes, etc.
- Enter complaints, enter and process certificates for Certified Food Managers and Swimming Pool Operators courses
- Enter data into databases for Surface Application Systems, Permit Logs, On-site Logs, Certified Mail, and Temporary Events
- Use various merge documents with databases to create notices, charges, forms, etc.
- Post all outgoing mail for the Health District and keep daily records and prepare monthly report for accounting
- Maintain confidentiality regarding telephone calls, complaint reports, and other information, processes or data that are, or would be, sensitive or damaging to individuals or the Health District if made public or not properly safeguarded
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County