We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Director of Information Technology
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on Experience
- Posted Date:09/15/2017 4:09 PM
Are you computer savvy and looking for a leadership role? Would you love to lead our IT team? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Director of Information Technology!
The right candidate will be responsible for directing the Galveston County Health District’s information systems/information technology functions, including Program Development and Support, Infrastructure Operations, Data Center, and Telecommunications. This includes support and maintenance of existing applications, as well as the researching, planning and development of new technical solutions.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, Medical Insurance, rich Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Salary: Based on Experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, or related field
- 7 years+ of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment
- 5 years+ of management experience
- Direct supervision or management of technical staff preferred
- Candidates should provide certifications and/or documented training in key aspects of IT systems (CCNA, MCSE, CISA, PMP or CISM certifications a plus)
- Knowledge of installation, use, troubleshooting, and maintenance of technology equipment including Personal Computers, PC Networks, Microsoft Networking software, PBX equipment and other telecommunications equipment
- Knowledge in firewall, router and switch configuration, virtual network technology, and spam filter systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, work with Executive Management, and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Leads the technology department’s strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the organization
- Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between internal IT resources and other departments and external entities, including governments, vendors, and partner organizations
- Directs the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business recovery plan
- Assists with developing automated methods for enterprise-wide collection and reporting of specialized performance data
- Assesses new technology and products for use in the support of Health District goals as well as assesses and communicates the needs and risks associated with future IT equipment investments
- Develops, tracks and controls the annual IT operating and capital budgets
- Develops and maintains knowledge regarding specialized technology projects and programs for varied Health District functions including medical and dental services, ambulance services, vital statistics, animal services, food services, and other public health programs
- Manages and expands technology-based methods for the Health District to provide services to the general public
- Develops and manages online platforms for communicating Health District information and activities to the public
- Establishes Information Services/Technology policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information technology operations and to safeguard information resources
- Establishes the technology department’s operating procedures
- Establishes performance criteria for department staff and ensures collection and reporting of data
- Serves as a member of the grant funded Bioterrorism team and assists in responding to and preparing for incidents of bioterrorism, infectious disease outbreaks, weather related incidents and other public health threats and emergencies
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County