We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to email@example.com.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Receiving & Inventory Clerk
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hourly Rate: $13.69-14.10
- Posted Date:08/21/2017
Are you organized? Do you love multitasking? Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Receiving & Inventory Clerk!
The right candidate is responsible for receiving and documenting the receipt of supplies, goods and equipment purchased by the Galveston County Health District.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Hourly Rate: $13.69-14.10
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a Purchasing Department, utilizing a purchase order system and perpetual inventory
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse (shipping/receiving) or purchasing environment
- Public sector experience preferred
- Experience in inventory software (counts and replenishments) is preferred
- Experience as a delivery driver is preferred
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must have excellent Driving Record and ability to drive GCHD vehicles
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must have knowledge of unit of measures
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Performs shipping and receiving of supplies, goods and equipment
- Contacts vendors with any damages or discrepancies
- Receives, records and tags fixed assets according to Fixed Asset Policy
- Issues supplies from inventory, monitors inventory levels and submits orders to replenish stock as needed
- Acts as back-up to Courier Technician
- Delivers supplies to other program areas as needed
- Assists with other purchasing functions as needed
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County