We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on experience
- Posted Date:05/10/2017
Do you want to be the reason someone smiles today? Would you LOVE to make someone’s smile perfect? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a new Dentist!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing dental care to registered CHW patients and for increasing access to care for the underserved.
We can offer you:
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team Oriented Environment
- Salary: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Licensed to practice as a dentist in the State of Texas. DDS or DMD (a degree in dentistry)
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Community health experience preferred
- CPR certification
- Must be willing to work evening/weekend hours if necessary
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening
- Performs direct dental care to CHW patients according to scope of services and related procedures
- Obtains medical/dental history with a comprehensive evaluation of the patient's general health
- Addresses all contra-indications pertaining to treatment and identifies patient's chief complaint or reason for visit
- Provides quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to diagnose and treat diseases of the oral cavity
- Promotes oral health by providing educational information on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene
- Treatment should include but not be limited to the following: elimination of pain, removal of carious lesions, restorative, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, and oral surgery
Identify appropriate level of care, adhere to the standard of care, perform sequenced itemization of therapy based upon the medical/dental history, clinical examination, and diagnosis
Assists Dental Director in reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures
- Documents and follows treatment plans that include appropriate preventive and restorative therapy according to scope of services and dental practice guideline
- Accurately documents care given and proper procedural codes according to procedures; maintains baseline radiographs and any other radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment plan the case
- Participates in dental quality assurance programs such as monthly peer review, infection control and OSHA regulations
- Assists Dental Director in evaluating and implementing improvements to dental operations and services to patients
- Assures access to care for walk-in patients
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County