We want to become the healthiest county in Texas! Are you ready for the challenge?
How to Apply
- If you plan on electronically signing the application, you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have the program, we suggest printing the application to sign it, scanning it and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, an app available at this link will allow you electronically fill out, sign and submit an application.
We Can Offer You
- Excellent benefits; including an amazing retirement package, rich paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long-term disability, FREE medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment.
Contact HR at (409) 938-2260 or email@example.com.
Galveston County Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, LGBTQ, genetic information or national origin.
Behavioral Health Counselor
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on experience
- Posted Date:04/21/2017 5:05 PM
Would you LOVE to use your outstanding counseling skills in assisting Galveston County residents? Are you ready for the challenge?
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a Behavioral Health Counselor!
The right candidate will be responsible for providing standardized counseling/talk therapy, in compliance with clinic business procedures, for CHW patients with mild to moderate mental health conditions and/or substance abuse who self-referred or referred by CHW physicians and mid-level providers.
We can offer you:
- Excellent Benefits; including an amazing retirement package, FREE Parking and much, much more!
- Team Oriented Environment
- Salary: Based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Clinical Psychologist (CP) possessing a doctor’s degree in psychology and licensed or certified on the basis of the doctoral degree in psychology by the State of Texas -OR- Clinical Social Worker (CSW) possessing a master’s or doctor’s degree in social work, with performance of at least 2 years of supervised clinical social work and is licensed or certified as a CSW by the State of Texas
- Relevant Master degree required
- 1+ years of experience with an electronic record system preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Must possess current Texas licensure as a psychologist, Social Worker, Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Must be Medicare billable
- Must have working knowledge of policy, principles, and practices of social work and/or psychology and standard counseling techniques and modalities; of individual and group behaviors; of socio-economic factors and their relationship to mental health; of available resources on local, state and national levels for individuals with mental health conditions.
- Must have skill in providing professional counseling/talk therapy according to established standards of care
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must pass Criminal Background check and drug screening
- Receives referrals from Coastal Health & Wellness physicians and mid-levels
- Assesses the mental and behavioral health status of referred patients
- Provides counseling/talk therapy to scheduled patients utilizing professional counseling standards
- Formulates differential diagnosis of mild to moderate mental health conditions and/or substance abuse
- Formulates short-term and long-term counseling plans for patients under care
- Consults with Coastal Health & Wellness medical director and other providers regarding complex patients and regarding prescription medications prescribed by providers
- Identifies patients with urgent mental health conditions (e.g. Suicidal, homicidal, psychotic, etc.) And makes appropriate referrals to available emergency or psychiatric treatment facilities
- Provides written document of counseling sessions, assessments, interventions, and recommendations for Coastal Health & Wellness providers and to meet requirements for medical records documentation
- Works with behavioral health case manager and staff to meet the goals and measures of the integration project to improve the health of patients with behavioral health and other chronic conditions
- Works in accordance with productivity expectations and goals by providing efficient interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy
- Provides non-scheduled urgent assessment of patients with medical clinic appointments
- Provides group and family therapy session as indicated
- Assists Coastal Health & Wellness Medical Director in developing protocols for Coastal Health & Wellness counseling services and criteria for outside referrals for advanced/emergency psychiatric care
- Prepares monthly productivity reports
- Prepares reports for quality improvement
- Provides in-service training on relevant topics for co-workers as requested
To apply please fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County